Polycraft no59 is a blend of waxes dispersed in rapid drying solvents and packed in aerosol form. This product does not contain CFCs, 111-trichloroethane or any other kind of halogenated solvent.
- Easy Release
- Low mould release build up
- Excellent satin sheen finish
- Stable to 80°C
- Good surface sealing properties on porous material such as stone surfaces
- CFC & Halogenated solvent free
Suitable Casting Materials
- Polyurethane Resins
- Polyurethane Rubbers
- Polyurethane Foams
- RTV Silicone (Condensation & Addition)
- Suitable for use with many casting materials and a variety of mould types. Typical casting materials are polyurethane epoxy acrylic and polyester.
- Also used extensively for moulding flexible semi-rigid and rigid polyurethane foams.
- May be used where a silicone release agent is undesirable such as when the moulded part needs to be painted or bonded.
- Has been formulated to facilitate removal after the moulding cycle.
Usage Details :
The material is in a ready to use aerosol. It should be shaken well before use.
The aerosol can should be held 250 mm - 350mm away from the mould surface. The can should be kept moving during the spraying otherwise patches of excess material will form. If possible the spray should be kept perpendicular to the area being sprayed.
The application of a number of light coats is preferable to one heavy coat. Light coats allow the solvent to dry more rapidly and improves the surface finish.
The application technique used will depend upon mould geometry. Deep Sections undercuts and recesses often cause incomplete coverage by parts of the mould surface from the release agent spray. This may lead to difficulty in releasing the moulded parts.
A thin sprayed coat should dry within 2 minutes at 20°C. Higher mould temperatures and a current of air over the mould will lead to shorter drying times. Casting onto release agent which has not fully dried may cause softening of the surface of the moulded part.
Poor application may lead to difficulty / failure to demould Please test to ensure compatibility before continuing use.