Special blend of polyester polymers that produces a tack-free, non-wax high gloss finish —with chemical resistance, high impact strength and excellent colour and light stability—for composite plugs and patterns and wood product surfaces.
For composite plugs and patterns and wood product surfaces. Used by boat manufacturers as well as manufacturers of aircraft interiors, architectural woodwork, automotive wood dashboards, furniture and musical instruments. Also used for gelcoat repair applications and for upgrading tooling gelcoats.
· Easy to apply—the coatings build quickly and spray easily. You'll save time and labour.
· High gloss—sand and polish to a non-wax, tack-free high gloss finish.
· Stability—the coatings offer clarity (clear), colour (pigmented) and light stability.
· Superior finish—the coatings produce a hard, chemical-resistant finish.
· Custom colours—for volume applications, the coatings can be colour matched to customer requirements
Measured at 25°C (77°F) at the time of manufacture.
|Duratec 904 Polyester Hi-Gloss Coating ||Unit |
(As measured on a Brookfield Visometer Model RVF, Spindle- #2 at 20rpm)
|Clear 420 - 480 cps |
Pigmented 450 - 700 cps
Un-pigmented 450 cps
|Thixotropic ||Clear 2.5 |
|Gel Time |
(Sample based upon a 100g mass catalysed at 2% with MEKP)
Clear 8-11 Min
Pigmented 15-17 Min
Un-pigmented 15-17 Min
|Time to Peak Exotherm ||20 - 25 Min |
|Weight Per Gallon || |
Clear 8.4 lb (3.41 Kg)
Pigmented 8.5 lb - 10.5 lb (3.9 Kg - 4.8 Kg)
Un-Pigmented 9.01 lb
|Coverage Per Gallon: |
110 ft² - 115 ft² @ 10 mil thickness
220 ft² - 230 ft² @ 5 mil thickness
10.2 - 10.7 m² @ 250 micron thickness
20.4 - 21.4 m² @ 125 micron thickness