The ultimate high-gloss surface primer for wood, MDF, foam and composite plugs, patterns and models.
For composite plugs and patterns and to prime a growing number of wood products—including furniture, musical instruments and architectural applications.
· All in one coat! Duratec Polyester Surfacing Primer provides rapid coat buildup and a smooth surface with high gloss, when required.
· Here's why you should choose Duratec Polyester Surfacing Primer:
· Low porosity—provides a super fine leveling and filling system on a variety of substrates with superior release properties.
· Adhesion to most epoxies —with heat distortion level of 201°F, 94°C, the primer also adheres to fiberglass, properly prepared metal, wood, MDF, brick, concrete and polyurethane foam.
· Rapid coat buildup—to 40 mils, 1000 microns, wet on wet, on composite plugs and master mold surfaces; saves time and labor cost.
· Easy sanding—also saves time and labor. The primer cures to a surface that polishes to a high gloss, when required.
All time calculations are based on temperatures of 77°F, 25°C
As measured on a Brookfield Viscometer Model RVF, Spindle #5 at 2.5 rpm - 2700 cps
· Thixotropic Index - 5
· Gel Time
Sample based on a 100 g mass, catalyzed at 2 percent with mekP - 16-18 min
· Weight per Gallon - 10.90 lb., 4.95 kg
· Coverage per Gallon
10 mil thickness - 110-115 ft2
250 micron thickness - 10.2-10.7 m2