Polycraft PolyGlo photo luminescent pigment powders are the latest achievement in sustainable eco-lighting technology, the long last glow offers functional and decorative solutions for visual applications in art sculpting both interior and exterior design, PolyGlo pigment powders absorb radiant UV energy from sunlight or indoor lighting, by day PolyGlo pigment is a pale powder, but in darkness PolyGlo will transform the entire appearance into a unique luminescent piece, this cutting edge substance offers self-illuminating electricity-free lighting that is both visually appealing and completely self-rejuvenating.
These amazing pigments are available in a fine powder form for easy mixing into our clear casting resins. They can be added to the resin or sprinkled over the surface and sealed in place. By day the powder crystals absorb UV light and after dark they release energy in the form of a long-lasting ambient glow.
- Mix the powder into any non-water based binder
- The binder needs to be clear/transparent or light colour to allow the passage of UV light to activate the PolyGlo Powder
- Mix 10% - 100% of powder into the binder, 10% - 20% will give a general glow
- Alternatively the powder can be sprinkled into the mould before back filling
- With longer cure time products the powder will sink to the bottom and not give the full effect of the luminescent powders, shorter working times are advised
- After as little as 30 minutes of exposure to daylight, PolyGlo will glow for upto 8 hours
We always advise testing a small amount to ensure compatibility and suitability for your project requirements.
The colour shown in the picture above should be used as a guide only due to the varying degrees in monitor colour management