Jesmonite is a versatile range of water-based, solvent free composite materials ideally suited to the creation of decorative mouldings and glass reinforced laminates. These materials have a range of unique properties, which contribute to strength, durability, non-toxicity, and the ability to comply with many of the necessary test requirements of the construction industry, specifically those in regard to fire performance and impact resistance.
Jesmonite AC300 is a low cost alternative to AC100. It is designed for applications where ultimate performance of AC100 is not required. It is supplied as two components; a water-based acrylic liquid, and a mineral powder. AC300 contains less Acrylic resin than AC100 and as such is an economic alternative where external durability is not required. The system is suitable for a wide range of casting and laminating applications including decorative cast objects, rubber mould support cases, polystyrene and foam coating, rigid moulds and many other areas in the world of moulding. A range of ancillary products is also supplied further extending the materials versatility. Jesmonite AC300 is designed for internal use only, however it is suitable for short-term external projects such as exhibitions and props. If used externally a sealer or suitable paint system is recommended to protect surface appearance
AC300 is supplied in separate containers of liquid and powder, and mix ratios are variable to allow for both decorative and functional fillers. Normal casting and laminating requires a mix ratio of 2.5 parts AC300 Powders to 1 Part AC300 Liquids, by weight.
- Superior cast and glass reinforced mouldings
- Solvent free & no VOC’s
- Fire resistant
- Impact resistant
- Easy to use, adaptable material for all moulding applications.
- Suitable for decorative cast objects, mould cases, wall panels.
- Supplied with a range of ancillary products including glass reinforcements, pigments, fillers, and control chemicals to adapt the material to the widest range of applications.
- The ultimate chameleon material – can replicate virtually any surface, colour, or texture.